Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chit chats on Tennis and Boxing


I've been sick since Thursday night. I had muscle pain, headache, and severe cough. It's too hard to be sick when you have a baby. Good for me that I have a helpful husband. He's the one who takes care of the baby I refrain from getting near with him. I'm afraid I'll spread the disease to him. I'm too weak to do the household chores especially the laundry. He did everything. I thank God that He gave me to a wonderful husband.

To get well soon, I drink a lot of water every now and then and eat lots of oranges. I bought cough syrup to be relieved from dry cough. I'm glad that it works well for me.

I spent my weekend watching Australian Open. I'm not really into tennis but my hubby persuaded me to watch. He's telling me the background of each player and have found it interesting . So far, our favorite player for male is No.9 seed James Blake because of his cool disposition even under pressure. He's tagged as the crowd pleaser. Last night, No.5 seed Tsonga, the losing finalist last year, defeated him, 6-4 6-4 7-6 (7-3) in two hours and 24 minutes. It's a fierce game.

For females, what caught my attention is the speed and agility of Australian tennis player, Jelena Dokic. She defeated 29th-seeded Alisa Kleybanova 7–5, 5–7, 8–6. She is scheduled to play third-seeded Dinara Safina in the quarterfinals. I'm looking forward to it next week. The interviewer said she is now slowly returning to tennis. Last year she still on No.600+ rank and after that victory, her ranking has risen to World No. 187 as of 19 January 2009.

I'm able to watch also the bout between Shane "Sugar" Mosely and Antonio Margarito in a WBA welterweight title boxing match on Saturday, Jan. 24, 2009 in Los Angeles. Mosely won by TKO in the ninth round. I thought Margarito will win over Mosely because many commented that he's the most- feared boxer. In the boxing arena, he couldn't gave punches to Mosely and he looked like the underdog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.