Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Friend's Generosity

When I gave birth to Hyzyd, gifts flooded for him from my Thai friends. My parents were amazed of the generosity of my friends. Here in Thailand they have the so called "nam jai", literally means "juice of the heart" or " flow of the heart". Nam-jai is "generosity", a desire to give one's time, resources, and attention to others just for the good feeling it generates in both. A person who shows nam-jai will not ask for money or any kind of payment in exchange for her generosity. The Thais will even feel uneasy accepting a payment that is offered for her generosity, because this suggests that she did it for the payment instead of the good will.

I'm reminded to blog it in here because yesterday, I received a gift from our Coordinator for Hyzyd. She told me about this gift two months ago and at last she's happy to be able to give the gift for my baby. He has a new pair of pajama and a cozy pillow.

Because of this generosity, Hyzyd has a one-year supply of baby anti-rash powder, baby bath cream (one for the day and one for night time), head-to-toe tear-free shampoo, lotion, oil, bottles and nipples cleansing soap.

We're also blessed to received gifts from our dear Filipino friends. One family gave us their baby's crib complete with mattress and beddings, stroller, carrier and other indispensable items for baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.