Monday, August 17, 2009

The comeback of the "accidental singer"...

After almost a year since I "lie low" onstage with my "singing career"..LOL!..God made a way that He could use me again in leading the Praise and Worship team last Sunday.

I've been involved in the P and W Filipino team before (our schedule is usually every second Sunday of the month but the schedule is flexible depending on the availability of our team or any church activities) I temporarily stopped being "onstage" since I'm 4 months preggy. I'm happy and contented just being on the background like preparing the songs, reminding the P and W of our schedules and supporting the group in prayer.

Last Saturday, the lead singer is not available so my bro asked me to lead and told me that my SIL will take care of Hyzyd. Well, if the work is for God I really couldn't say NO. I love God and I wanted to do the best for Him. I let my bro promised to back me up since I haven't yet practice my vocal chords to the highest level...LOL!...So, it's settled after my bro and hubby assured me that they'll support me and my bro is the one who prepared the line-up.

1. New Doxology- Praise God
2. Open the eyes of my heart Lord
3. Friend of God
4. I'm trading my sorrows
5. Jesus, Lover of My Soul
6. Lord, I give you my heart


You can click on the link if you wanted to listen to the songs . You'll surely be blessed as much as these songs blessed my weary soul.

During the practice:

My hubby is the drummer...



My bro is the guitarist as well as our music director...he..he...



Sorry guys...I'm giving you my back- too engrossed with my "singing career"...LOL!


During the Sunday Worship:

Psalm 100, verses 1-5:

Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! 2 Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. 3 Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. 4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. 5 For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.

To God be the glory! I believe that amidst the language barrier, still we're united in one voice praising our Almighty God in Spirit and truth. He's really working in our midst and everyone is blessed by God.








I wanna thank my sis-in-law (in black maternity dress) and Ate Yheng (in pink three-fourth blouse) for taking care of baby Hyzyd during the practice and service.



I give all thanks and glory to our God alone. He deserves all praises, respect and honor! I love you Lord!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. gosh bigatin ka man diay sis....singer man diay ka...heheheh..glad to know!

    woi, no problem...anytime sis...I love to talk about family....hehehe!

    Hubby is 1/4 spanish, 1/4 dutch and 1/2 caucasian. I assume iya dad is 1/2 spanish...mao DIAS last name....hehehe!

    katong nephew ni hubby iya mother is pure mexican...so no wonder he looks like a filipino but he is not...hehhee...iya pod asawa (emily) mexican sad to sya ug heritage....maong similar ra sa beauty sa pinoy....hehehe! during the wedding wala tawon kaau ko kasabot kay spanish man halos....joker lagi tawon...si hubby d man ni kabawo mag spanish...mas kabawo pako kay sa iya....:) actually, hubby's family is international family..among the 7 brothers only 2 married white women...:)

    woi murag na taas galing akong chika..sensya na...hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is always good to us, but sometimes there are things happen that we are not ready to accept but God always has a reason why it happen, it´s only matter in acception, Have a good day :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. sis, u are not an accident singer..remmber??ikaw baya ang orig..heheheheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. weeeh! so may singer na pala pag umuwi ka at nagmeet up tau..

    naku akala ko pa naman na kayo ang uuwi.. hindi naman pala.. haaays

    ayan na nga at nisama na kita sa list, aba malay ko ba may Teacher Jenni pa pala bukod sa Gene na knows ko hihi

    Uy join ka sa aking PHOTO CONTEST

    Make or Break

    ReplyDelete
  5. oi sis...i'm so happy about ur news that ur back in PW ministry...actually it's not an accidental but it was really God's plan. How I wish mahimo sab ko WP leader...hahahah...In God's own time!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm available to be a yaya for Hyzyd during times like these :-) basta pakaonon ko bonito ice cream pagkahuman hahahaha

    seriously i miss this kind of activity - singing practice sessions. sakit lang sa likod usahay kung madugayan lingkod sa piano bench.

    keep up the singing career, sis. singing for Him is always worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God has His own way on how to choose us to be an instrument of worshiping Him & I'm really glad to know that you're Blessed that God has chose you to worship Him in your simple way.

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.