Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day to Us!

As I posted HERE, I've let you know that Mother's day here in Thailand is on August 12. This is the Queen's birthday and because she's regarded as the mother of all Thai people, Thais celebrate Mother's day on this same day.

At church before the sermon starts, the Pastor called all mothers to come in front to be prayed for and to give the mother's children a chance to show their love and respect to their moms by giving roses. There were about 30 mothers.

It's so touching to receive the rose from my baby with his dad. It's my prayer that I'll be the kind of mom God wants me to be and a kind of mom whom my son will be proud of.




with my co-teacher and his wife


with my pretty preggy sis-in-law

Afterwards, the preggies were called in front to be prayed of (safe delivery, provision, protection, good health for the mom and the baby) and to receive the church's gifts for them- diaper and cash!






Happy Mother's Day to us!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! Didn't realize Thailand's got their own Mother's day. That's cool to know.

    Maricris
    http://zenforyou.dalefg.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mommy Gene!

    Happy Mother's Day to you, kakaiba pala dyan sa Thailand ano.

    by the way Mommy Gene, mukang kilala ko ang co-teacher mo. Si Sir Flores ba sya?

    Godbless and Take care! hugs to your Hyzyd :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy mother's day to you gene. God bless u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay ka nice pati ang mga preggers may prayer. i'll call that "a prayer for preggers" :-)

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.