Friday, February 27, 2009

Mommy Moments-Bonding Time

mommy moments



Bonding is a word used to mean the deep attachment you build with your baby-an intense feeling that makes you want to hold and love and protect him/her.Research indicates that babies who develop fulfilling relationships with their parents tend to grow into secure, well-adjusted adults and even perform better at school.



Here are some ways I do to help me build the attachment or bond with my baby:



1. Feeding









2. Touch and Talk

Everytime I got home from school, I take time touching him, hugging and carrying him. While doing these I'm talking to him although he may not understand what I'm saying. He loves to hear me chatting away about what I'm doing in school, whether it is changing his nappy, peeling the potatoes, folding the washing, preparing his porridge and recently even when I'm exercising. I wanted him to gain confidence from the fact that I'm always near and always focused upon him, even if the household chores need to be done.









3. Singing


My baby loves to hear my voice singing (even there are times I'm out of tune...LOL!). I read before that the rhythmic nature of nursery rhymes is very soothing and is believed to help with language development.



4. Pull a face

I noticed that even my baby is very young , he's fascinated by my facial expressions! He looks like this if I pull a face to him:



5. Reading while calming music is in the background.

Every night before going to sleep, I take time to read to my baby and listen to our favorite song. It strengthens the mother-son bond tremendously.



6. Taking my baby for a walk

It's a fun exercise routine for me and my little one to enjoy together.





Regular activities such as nappy-changing time are a wonderful time to show my baby just how much I love him. I talk to him, kiss his tummy, tell him what lovely smiles he has and how much I love his smile. This will take my mind off what a messy job it is and show that I love him, no matter what.




No matter how hectic my schedule is like preparing final test, checking and grading, I stop even for a moment and spend time with my baby. We relax and enjoy each others existence.


If you want to join us and share your Bonding Time stories click HERE!

11 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, your a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interest post.... and cute baby u have

    My entry for MM this week : in HERE. Hope you have time to visit . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post... thanks for sharing..
    Please visit my entry here

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a nice post. Makes me miss having a toddler. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaw...those are cute pics :) I'm about to become a mom again in the weeks to come and I'm sure to do those tips you gave. I'm so excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. very detailed bonding moments!
    sarap talaga kabonding si baby lalo na pag ganyan pa kabata, lahat naa-appreciate nila di ba? ingat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you did your post. I enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures. I am sure your baby is the happiest with all these activities. They speak of quality time.

    LYNN

    ReplyDelete
  8. great mommy :) every moment is so precious... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your post. You're such a great mom. Reminds me of Joaqui's baby days ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Galing! Kumpleto ah. :D Working mom at its finest. :)

    Twinkie Calls

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.