Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why pray?


Why pray? Because everytime we pray, we move the hand of God to do the things which we can't do. You'll never know how many people were healed because you ask God to heal them or strengthened because you ask God to encourage them. Do you still remember how God provided your needs after you pray or grant your desire to find a job or find hope in a hopeless situation. No one of us will ever know the true results of our prayers but we know that God's kingdom on earth is established by those who pray.

Prayer is an act of relationship between us and God-a relationship that involves both talking and listening. If no one understands you-talk to Him. If you have a dark secret and you can't afford to divulge it to anyone (even to your spouse or parents) talk to Him. Prayer is not just a one-way communication (where you do all the talking). We also need to keep quiet and listen to Him.

In James 5:16, it says "The prayer of the righteous is powerful". Without prayer, my passport and my hubby's passport together with my work permit and bank passbooks will not be given back to us after it's lost at a university's park .Without prayer, my purse with my digicam, 20K cash, and debit cards that was left in a shopping mall won't be retrieved (stories of these two unforgettable experiences will be posted soon).

If I have to enumerate the countless reasons why we need to pray, this blog space won't be enough.

G. Ashton Oldman says "Prayer does not consist battering the walls of heaven for personal benefit or the success of our plans. Rather, it's the committing of ourselves to carrying out God's purposes. It is a telephone call to headquarters for orders. It's not bending God's will to His. In prayer we tap reservoirs of spiritual power whereby God can find fuller entrance into the hearts of men". Why pray? That's why?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post on prayer! I am so thankful for the lines of communication with my precious Lord. This year I have made Colossians 4:2 my verse, so this was a very relevant post to me. Thanks for the reminder that it's just as much about listening as talking. Amen and amen! Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I just found your blog on entrecard. I really enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They just made an upgrade on Blogger Following, Google Friends Connect are now being integrated to it. I have been using both features. To prevent any public humiliation on the users, Google set the settings of Blogger following to private. If you have noticed that I am not following you, I already fixed the followers issue.

    I hope that it will not affect our blogging relationship.
    Have a nice day!

    Make or Break

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.