Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's your Valentine's Gift for your Hubby?

Valentine's aroma is in the air. I'm wondering what can I give to my husband to celebrate a special Valentine's Day. I'm looking for gifts that are useful and appreciated.

Buying a gift for my husband can be challenging. I am looking for new gift idea for Valentine's day or how about some old standards that can work very well.





How about a wallet? I checked the condition of his current wallet and it surely needs to be changed this year...he..he.. (he's still using the wallet I gave him about four years ago...he..he...). I have to make sure to note which he prefers the most, a bi-fold or tri-fold wallet.





A new watch can also be another option. But if I buy one for him, I make sure that it's a nicer model and more expensive that the one he's using now...he..he..I think I don't yet have budget to compete with his 5K worth Everlast watch. Maybe it will be good next time which can be worn on special occassions and doesn't have to be a replacement for his old favorite watch. I think Timex Men Fashion T Series Chronograph A2M469 watch looks fitting for him.



I am also contemplating of giving a gift of men's cologne . I want to show to him that I still notice how he takes care of himself. It’s been a while since he has received a cologne and the bottle is still half-empty (it's almost a year now). He seldom uses cologne and kiddingly told me that he smells good even without it. Well, he's quite true on that area. I can remember my father used to tell us that only bad-smelling person needs cologne...LOL! He added that we just need to take a bath everyday and it's enough. We'll let's get back to the track. Maybe trying a new cologne can be a nice change of pace for him. I'm choosing between United Colors of Benetton or Burberry London. Let's just close our eyes for it's price...hmmmm.



For me, I want to treat my husband to a nice gift on Valentine’s Day to express my love and appreciation for him. Traditional and useful gifts can be a great choice for husbands on Valentine’s Day. But can also give something special without purchasing a gift? For nowadays, we quit getting extravagant with our gifts once more of our money started going toward milk and diapers:) I'm thinking of a personalized gift that won't break the bank.




I could write a love letter or poem for it costs practically nothing to put my feelings on paper but the expression of my adoration to him is priceless. On Valentine's day, we could take a walk with our baby . I experiences that when we walk together we see the world differently and I think it is romantic because walking makes the world and my hubby seem more real and tangible. Instead of going to an expensive restaurant, I could dress up a favorite meal cooked at home. Maybe we could light candles on the dinner table, dim the lights, and put on some mood music. What do you think?

I am sure there are many other ways of being romantic and frugal at the same time. The key is just to know your partner and his or her preferences. As long as you make an effort to make your mate feel loved, you can be romantic without becoming a spendy Valentine's Day cliche.

2 comments:

  1. wow! so sweet na man.. thanks for this post..I'm reminded na hapit na mn diay valentines..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sustagen jR..... PSP te... da beast!!!.. hahaha.. beast as in beast!!!

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.