Monday, June 22, 2009

Somebody is using my yahoo account!



I found out this evening that I couldn't open my email and my yahoo messenger! I tried to open my hubby's account and it opened. I wonder why there's a message to him from ME. I didn't send him a message today. Here's the snapshot:


click to enlarge

The message states like this:

Am in a hurry writing you this mail, I want to seek your help on something very important, you are the only one I can reach at this point and I expect you come to my aid because something extremely dreadful is happening to me now, I need a favor from you, I had a trip to London.
Regrettably for me all my money got stolen on my way to the hotel where I lodged alongside with my bag where my money, passport, traveling documents and dairy was, and ever since then I have been without any money, I am even owing the hotel here. So I have restricted access to internet for now, please I need you to lend me about 1550 pounds so I can make preparations and go back home, I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding effectively to the matter. I will return the money back to you as soon as I get home; I am so confused right now.
Please I will be waiting to hear from you soon and keep me in prayer because that matters a lot. Our first priority is safety because I do not feel safe or secured
My hope on you



faith

After a while, my bro called me informing me that he received the same letter from me and I think all of the people in my email address! I tried to retrieve my password/yahoo ID but I couldn't for it's locked for security reasons. What does it mean? Yahoo provides the answer:

If you receive a message stating that your account has been locked for security reasons, this means that there have been too many attempts to sign in to your account with the incorrect password. As a security measure, your account has been locked to prevent unauthorized users from being able to access it.

If you haven't been trying to sign in to your account with the wrong password, this is not necessarily cause for concern. It could simply be the result of another user mistakenly thinking that your ID is theirs. (To learn more about account security, please visit the Yahoo! Security Center.)

The lock on your account will expire 24 hours after it was initially locked—the lockout period will not reset each time you attempt to sign in while the account is still locked. You can try to sign in again after the lock has expired. We are unable to provide you with the exact time that your account was locked or when it will be unlocked.

If you are still unable to sign in with your new password, please refer to our password problems help page for common reasons why you may be getting an "Invalid Password" error.

I hope and pray that this will be resolved ASAP! Do you experience the same predicament? What did you do?


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I got the same email..and worried if it's true...i tried to call you but no one was answering the phone-I thought it was true but I asked Bjoy and he cleared. whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nakarecieved din ako ng ganyang email, from a friend, buti na lang inignore ko lang, well,i reply na wala akong pera to help him, fortunately, my friend posted a message om his blog informing everybody what happen to his yahoo account. I hope yahoo will do something about it, pag igihin yung security nila,kasi what if some member of your family who lives far away get this email and react negatively.sobrang dami ng scammer ngayon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning!Naku sis,nakakatakot naman yan,never been heared & I never experienced that before & I wish I wont,I hope & pray na sana maayos na agad ang prob mo about your yahoo account.God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. naku kaloka naman yan sis! hope ma solve na yan..
    nakakatorete kaya pag may ganyan magsend ng message tapos account mo ang gamit...
    ingats and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1,550 pounds...sineswerteng scammer na yan! kahit kusing hindi yan makatikim sa akin heheh. that's clearly a scam, sis. your email has been hacked. u better abandon it altogether and create a new one. don't ever forget to sign out everytime you use your email.

    i did forget once. sa cafe pa jud. two friends told me hey what was that chat the last time? it didn't sound you. it wasn't you, was it? that's when i remembered that i forgot to sign out of yahoo chat, and i then realized my ID was used by someone else. nagkabuang jud kog clean up ato. pero murag di ra to scammer ang nakasunod sa akong email kay pag try nako change sa password, na change pa man. your case sounds a bit worse than mine, but cheer up, it won't kill. hala good luck in sorting that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I experienced also something similar.and like willa, a blogger was asking me for some money...and just the other day, facebook account ko naman ang na-hack.we should really be cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grabe naman yan! Ingat maigi Genebei. Tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the very same email and knew that its a hoax. How? Obviously, this friend of mine is not anywhere near "london" and second, if any of my friends need help, I'm just a text away. It's a pity these people will do anything and everything -even if it harms the other person/s just to get easy money. But I know there's still Karma and I believe in swift karma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi sis, oo naka recieved din ako nang email from your account - four days ago. kaso ignore ko lang.. kasi makikita mo naman spam lang siya, tulad nang iba eh. :D

    www.pink-precious.com
    www.babyko.info
    www.istarblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi sis...me too nka received din ako ng email from yahoo account..d ko xa pinansin tas nag post ako asking anyone if it is for real...Good thing, Bogie commented to let me read ur post...buti nalng wla ko nagpadala.

    hala noh grabe kaau ang scammer karon nga time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. pareha nga email ang nadawat ni ate faye na working gihapon..mao jud ang content..ang kakuyaw lang ato kay molakaway jud si ate faye pa africa that time...maau nalang kay aware tanan ang mga nagtabang niya sa kwarta na gi hacked jud ang iyang email. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  12. my gosh, iba na talaga ang mga hackers ngayon.. this is really a freaky plot. Yung neighbor ko naman naloko sa phone, akala nya yung anak nya yung humihingi ng tulong.. Anyway thanks for sharing, wala sana maloloko.

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.