Monday, April 27, 2009

Healthy Homemade Baby Meals

This April as I stay at home and really taking care of my baby for the whole day, I decided to make healthy homemade meals for my baby instead of just depending on cerelac and gerber as his only source of solid food. It's not hard to introduce veggies and fruits for him for he's already eating 2-3 tablespoons of single-grain cereal a couple of times a day since I started him feeding baby solid food since he's four months. I think that if I make my own baby food, I know what's in it, I can tailor the texture to my baby's preferences and I can shape my baby's taste and help him learn what fresh foods taste like.

You can see a sample of my meal plan for this week at Hyzyd's Diary. So far, his favorite meal is the apple and mango.

Apples are good source of soluble fiber, which helps with bowel function and may lower cholesterol levels. Mangoes help the body maintain bowel regularity and fight infection.

The preparation is very easy. For the apples:

4 cups chopped peeled apples (about 4)
1/2 cup water

1. In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, bring apples and water to simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until apples are very tender, about 20 minutes.

2. Transfer apples to blender and puree on high speed until smooth.

Mangoes:

3 cups chopped peeled mangoes (about 2 large)
1/4 cup water

1. Place mangoes and water in blender and puree on high speed until smooth.

You see, it's just very easy...so yummy and delicious for your baby. I will continue preparing my baby's meal even I'll go back to work to ensure that he's eating healthy meal.




Shortybear’s Place

2 comments:

  1. Thank u for sharing gang, i will try pod ana when kung naa na akong baby. Hyzyd likes mango ...

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.