Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday-Provision



God is good all the time! He is our provider for the past months, this month and the months to come. I'm thankful for God's word this morning in Hebrews 13:5 that says " Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

Though, I always read this and memorized this verse, this morning it brought a renewing hope in my life. It reminded me again that I should not worry of tomorrow for He sees it already and He won't allow to see His children go hungry. You see, this month is our vacation...yeah, I enjoy vacation but there's a catch...it also means....no salary. This is the usual practice here in Hatyai (as far as I know)...that's why everybody is looking for extra job like tutorial classes and working in hotels. I'm expecting to have tutorials this month as I've been approached a month ago...but sad to say, no one enrolled....I've been expecting that the same thing happened to my hubby but I was wrong. He told me that supposed to be he'll sign a teaching contract again by May but it was changed....it was made last March and the Department Head told him that he's entitled to receive a month-salary including his deposit money on the last day of April! It's the good thing about teaching in a government school (mine is a private school)! This is the school God gave to my hubby last January. You can read the rest of the story here.

I thank God that his provision is sufficient for us...He is my shepherd and I shall not be in want. He deserves all praises and glory for the following:

1. providing the needs of my big family back home in the Philippines. We'll be having 4 college students , 3 high school students, and 4 elementary students in the next school opening by June.

2. my friend's friend's air fare is provided. Last week, we're praying that this friend could be able to book a flight from Bangkok to Hatyai instead of riding a bus because it's much safer for a first-timer like her. We encouraged her to book online. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a credit card. My hubby suggested to use my debit card using the extra money that we have. Now she's booked and she'll be arriving on the 3oth.

3. I bought a new domain of my blog. It's my hubby's advance birthday gift for me.

4. additional year for me. I'll be 28th this April 25 and as I count my blessings, I had tears of joy. By this age I'm already a mom to a babbling babe, a wife to a very patient and wonderful hubby, a teacher for 8 years already (I taught in college, high school, elementary and this year I'll be teaching Kinder 1 and 2).

5. My workbook is almost finish! Few more "finishing touches" and I'm done.

I pray that this mouth of mine won't stop thanking our Heavenly Father. You'll be blessed of how God provides the needs of others by visiting Laurie's place.




Shortybear’s Place

11 comments:

  1. May God continue to provide all your needs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I really needed to hear that verse this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's goodness is so good and His word does say that He will never leave us nor forsake us and truly He wants to give us the desires of our heart! What a wonderful post that proves that God is good and providing for those needs we have in our lives. Happy TT! -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. yahoo!!!! I will be the one to greet you first a Happy Happy Birthday sis....actually minutes from now pa yung bday mo...oppss...same age na tayo sis....

    I pray that God would continue to grant whatever your heart desires...Thank God for such wonderful blessings that you are receiving for the last 27 years in your life.. I am so glad to know you sis....

    Happy Birthday once again....gudnyt na muna ako....mwahhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many wonderful things to be thankful for I am also thankful for the greatness of his love in allowing our children to attend college as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God continue to provide for you. Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post..filled with God's power and glory revealed in your lives. I was blessed reading this..thank you sweetie for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great to give thanks! Thanks for sharing, you inspired me...

    And for the exchange link...no problem, will add you later today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. advance happy birthday, girly. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an Awesome TT post Thanks for sharing how God is providing in your life.
    God Bless,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! What a blessing to have a good hubby and child. My prayers are with you for your job.

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.