Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's Never Too Late!

Today's conversation for dNeero is about Britain's Got Talent '09 contestant Susan Boyle. I looked for Susan Boyle in Youtube expecting to see a young blond teenager. I'm surprised that what was shown is a 47 year old lady! Britain's Got Talent '09 is a nationwide talent contest where the winner gets to perform their act for Prince Charles at the prestigious Royal Variety Show, pick up a cheque for £100,000, and catapult themselves towards superstardom. I think this show is equivalent to American Idol. Simon Cowell is one of the judges.

When she came on stage, you can see people laughing and some gave her some smug look because she appeared shy and a little out of place. There were even smirks on the judges' faces when she told them that she's trying to be a professional singer! Maybe, they think it's already too late for her to dream about that!

When Susan started to sing "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables, wave of shock and awe came across the judges' faces especially Simon Cowell. I think he just recovered after she finished the song and when the two other judges gave her a standing ovation! ...and the audience? They were on their feet and cheering !

I played the Youtube over and over again just to get what the judges commented:

Piers told her, "Without a doubt that was the biggest surprise I have had in three years. When you stood there with that cheeky grin and said 'I want to be like Elaine Paige' everyone was laughing at you. No-one is laughing now, that was stunning. I am reeling from shock".

Amanda agreed. "I am so thrilled because I know everyone was against you. We are all so cynical but that was a complete wake up call. It was a complete privilege".



Simon said; "Susan, you can go back to the village with your head held high - you have three yeses". "You are a little tiger!"


Wow...she's fantastic! Incredible! She pleased the hard-to-please judges. It's never too late to dream!

Does this mean, it's not yet late for me to dream to be the next supermodel like Tyra Banks?...LOL!!! Nah...age, height, and vital statistics don't agree with me...How about commercial model for detergent ?...ha..ha.....

Join the conversation and let the world know your opinions and reactions! Just click on the widget below....





Thank you so much!
Gigi's Planet

3 comments:

  1. unsay name nya? i would like to see pod dw sa you tube! isearch nako!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like American Idol very much and thre's also Australia's got talent here but I haven't watch yet. When it comes to music I'm so go. Just dropping by. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when she finished singing, she headed straight for the backstage LOL...i heard one of the judges (or was that someone from the audience)hollering, "come back!"

    sis, it's never too late for us too. mag model tayo ng puto or di kaya porontong... :))

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.