Thursday, April 23, 2009

Run for your life!

No...I'm not threatening anyone here...he..he..what I want to say is "Let's run for the benefit of our lives"...*laughing*...Before I'll present to you the benefits of running, I wanna share that this afternoon we went out to Prince of Songhkla University just to enjoy the green scenario while my hubby is running/jogging. He used to go around this lake (it's 1.3 kilometer )for about 2-5 times . He loves to jog in this place a lot of people from children to senior citizen are jogging in here everyday.



the lake where our dad jog




we took some pics while waiting for our dad

He's practicing here every now and then because he wanted to be ready when there will be a marathon. Here in Hatyai, when there's an occasions like anniversaries, fund raising and other spectacular events they hold marathon. People in different ages can join to win cash and trophies, earn medal or simply just for fun. My hubby joined marathon for health's sake and for the medals. Anybody could claim for a gold/bronze medal if you run and finished at least 4 kilometers or 10 kilometers (it depends on how many kilometers you signed for). Even if you're the last person to reach the finishing line, you can have medals. These medals are priceless. You can't buy them in the department stores. Currently, he has collected 5 gold medals



you can't find medals like this in the Philippines...LOL!...





This was taken during the last marathon he joined with his friends

I asked my hubby to cite some good reasons to convince me that running is beneficial because I can see in him that he run not simply for the joy of running but he's the one who believes that there's a great deal of benefits which he can gained from rigorous exercise such as running. He's enthusiastic to enumerate the reasons:

1. weight loss ( hmmmm....I think he needs to gain weight) I think running is an excellent way of losing weight because this exercise needs a great deal of energy. This is what I did before my wedding day that's why I'm a bit skinny and sexy at that time...LOL!...

2. improved cardiovascular health- running reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke becomes diminished. This explains why I see a lot of "oldies" running around the lake...but you should not overdo it because it's not also good...I fainted last time (I'm still single) when I push over the limit...*wink*...

3. improved bone health- I overheard my hubby and his friend talking one day that those who run regularly are less likely to experience bone and muscle loss as they age at the same pace as those who do not run regularly...(^0^) (How about me? (^0^)...thus it means running slows down the aging process (this is much better than anti-aging cream!). Conversely, those who run on a regular basis are continually taxing their muscles and their bones so the bones are stimulated to remain stronger and do not as easily weaken with age....hmmmm...no osteoporosis...

4. improved mood - Really?...I researched to confirm this fact and it was confirmed that running can also have many psychological benefits. Most significantly runners typically report being happier and feeling less stressed than their counterparts who do not run or exercise regularly. Running actually has the ability to alter an individuals moods because hormones called endorphins are released while running. These hormones create a sense of euphoria often referred to as a runner’s high and can result in an improvement in the runner’s mood. This explains why my hubby is so patient in dealing with my tantrums....sorry dear...peace... Thank you Lord for having a "runner hubby"...he..he...

With these benefits, who can stop me for running for my life's sake, right? Who will join me? Let's run for our lives!!!!




Thanks a lot!
Meryl

4 comments:

  1. hi sis, ang ganda naman ng mga pics mo...i enjoyed viewing them ^_^ very relaxing ang view ng lake ^_^

    Your baby is sooo cute din. My hubby and I are planning to have a baby next year pa ^_^.

    wow! pareho pala kayo ng hubby mo na teacher...my mom is a teacher too ^_^. Ang galing ng husband mo sis ha...daming medal..ang ganda pa ng shapes. Buti pa siya nakakajogging o takbo ako walang exercise hehehe...hopefully this summer eh ma encourage ko husband ko mag jog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a true, and helpful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. galing nmn ni mister =) hubby ko is playing basketball nmn sumasali sa tourney pero sa office nila lng ehehe =) busy na dn eheh =)
    napalitan ko n url mo sa list ko =) thnks sa info =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! I should be your neighbor, para maimpluwensiyahan. Hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete

When commenting, please use Name/URL so that I could follow you back and comment at the right blog. But if you prefer commenting with your blogger profile, please leave a link to your blog. Thank you!

Anonymous commentators are not allowed.